THE SCENE: I Bomb Shelter, clear skies, light wind, 27 degree F.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
WARM-O-RAMA: Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull
- Baby arm circles – 20x both rotations
- SSH 20x – 4 count
- Tempo Squats – 20x
- Tempo Merkins – 20x
- Imperial Squat Walkers – 20x
THA-THANG: Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers Band Live at the Fillmore East
- Indian run to Mt. Crumpet (2x sprint to front)
- Mt. Crumpet workout – 5 trips up (run, Bernie, run, bear crawl, run), 5 burpees decrease to 1 burbee at top, 2 BBS to 10 BBS (increase by 2 each trip) at the bottom of the hill, mosey down each trip.
- Mosey to fountain center – 10 dips, 10 merkins, times two reps
- Mosey to Grinder stopping halfway for 10 BBS and then 10 BBS at Grinder
- Grinder workout – 10 bench hops, 10 merkins, 10 dry docks, 20 dips. Each one separated by running length of the grinder for 20 SSH then back. (Two repetitions.)
- Hello Dolly’s in cadence 20x
- Leg lifts/box cutters on command
- Little baby crunches
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
17 including FNG “Tinkle” and renamed PAX “Pup”
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I read my response to an email chain with a former boss from April 17, 2003. Towards the end he asked me if I missed my days as a volunteer baseball and soccer coach and the days when my children were still at home. In it the following thoughts and points were presented.
Do you miss the past? Do you wish you had done things differently? Do you find joy in the here and now?
What we make of life is mostly above our shoulders. How much better would it be if we let our hearts rule! How much better would our memories be if we just let our hearts have more influence and be less selfish!
The impact the parents have on their children and their children have on parents is a blessing. Parents are teachers, bosses, and friends to them but the emphasis must be on the first two. They can find friends elsewhere but they can’t find other parents. What a joy it is when their is mutual respect especially as they reach adulthood.
Strive to live in a way where the need to “go back” doesn’t exist, where there is satisfaction in the past. Look forward to the next bend in the road or the crest of hill knowing that the days of the past will help us face it. Live by faith with Spirit and Truth.
I am so thankful that I have joined up with F3. I am thankful that my son, I-Beam, thought to invite me, to have faith that I could endure this. I look forward to the Fitness, I have come to cherish the Fellowship, I am blown away by the Faith that I have come to experience with F3. I don’t know how long I will be physically able to stay involved but I do know that whether it is 1 year or 5, I will look back with great satisfaction knowing that this time will help me face the future.
Insert any personal comments, notes, devotion content, etc.
CSAUP February 24, 2018