THE SCENE: HOT! 90 degrees, mostly sunny, but a slightly coolish breeze kept it from being unbearable. Pele is going to melt this summer…!
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
– 20 SSH (4ct, IC)
– 20 Moroccan Nightclubs (4 ct, IC)
– 10 Windmills (4 ct, IC)
– Leg/hamstring stretches, left leg over right, then reverse.
– 10 Plank Jacks (4 ct, IC)
Warm up Mosey around Admin building. Picked up Pusher on the way back.
- EVEREST SUMMIT PYRAMID: Do the exercise, then run up Summit each time. Wait at the top, come down as a group. Cheer on your fellow PAX!
- Exercises will be the following (all single count, 15 sec count in between rounds)
- 20 Iron Mikes
- 20 Iron Mikes, 20 Jump Squats
- 20 Iron Mikes, 20 Jump Squats, 20 Merkins
- 20 Jump Squats, 20 Merkins
- 20 Merkins
- MOSEY to grassy area near Roadshow Run. Three cones will be laid out for a BEARMUDA TRIANGLE!
- Bear crawl to first cone, 1 Burpee, second cone, 2 Burpees, third cone, 3 Burpees.
- Rinse and repeat x2 (only one Burpee per cone on the second round).
- MOSEY to Intersection of Trail and Road
- 20 American Hammers
- MOSEY to stop sign at northeast corner of Admin building drive.
- DORAS: Partner 1 Bernie Sanders to end of Guard Rail, then runs to tree, 1 Burpee, then runs back. Partner does the following:
- 100 Gas Pumps / 100 Pickle Pounders / 100 Froggy Jumps
- AYG to AO.
Random assorted mix of core exercises.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 men, no FNGs. Lilydipper and Jinxy met us for the Board Meeting
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
As many of you know, Lilydipper stepped down as our AOQ last week. He’ll be out for a while because of his hip, and there needs to be someone who’s here at the AO on a pretty regular basis, so he and the leadership team asked me if I’d take on the role. At first, I was reluctant. As I told them, Lilydipper is the one who first introduced me to F3 and the Fake Gloom PAX, and is one of my closest friends and mentors in the world, and I he’s our AOQ, simple as that. But, as with the Nan’taan position, it’s a good thing to transition in fresh blood on a regular basis and give more people a chance to take on leadership roles. So I accepted. But the first thing I want to do is for us all to convey our deep appreciation to Lilydipper. I wouldn’t have come to my first F3 without his introduction to what it was all about, and after that horror show, I damn sure wouldn’t have come to my second one without his encouragement.
So you Fake Gloomers are stuck with me for a bit. It’s a pretty hands-off position. I’ll make sure the Q calendar gets filled up, let everyone know about general stuff going on, but I do want to re-emphasize a few things that I would like us to focus on a bit more going forward.
- Community Service: We are here not only to work out, but to become better leaders, and to be a leader you first have to be a servant. I ask each of you to evaluate how you can better serve your community, families, and churches. Leaders must lead by example, and by actively participating in helping others, you take that first huge step.
- Cheerleaders for each other: We need to be cheerleaders for each other, as well. One of our biggest resources and source of strength and encouragement is each other. Let’s continue to verbally encourage the man to your left and right during workouts. I know if I hear a “Way to go, Pele!”, or a “Finish it off, don’t quit!” from one of you Bozos it really encourages me, gives me a second wind. Fist bumps and high fives, are back on the menu, too, now that COVID is relaxing its grip. Help each other get through the workouts, especially now that the summer heat is upon us. And this goes for stuff going on OUTSIDE the AO, too. Personal issues, just a simple question about well-being, etc. can go a long way.
- Re-commitment to the values of F3. For some of us that have been in this awhile, there’s a tendency to take it for granted. To just show up, get in a little exercise, maybe have a cold beverage at the Board Meeting. But I’m going to try to re-commit myself to the basics again, and I hope you join me.
- Form. Not cutting corners. Especially when we’re tired.
- Positivity. Open to all men, all religions. F3 is apolitical. We hear enough of that stuff on the news or in other facets of our lives. Let’s keep that out of our community.
- As Crawdad says, show up, but SHOW UP ON TIME! Let’s recommit to being here by 5:45 pm. We often seem to double our numbers from the time the disclaimer begins to when we mosey, with a few stragglers arriving even later. Being on time shows a commitment and respect for the PAX.
In short, I want us to be the leaders in Knoxville in the way we work out, the way we support our communities, and the way we commit to a common cause of self-betterment through service. I’ve been proud as heck of our contributions to service drives, F3 Knoxville events, and our commitment to embracing the Suck. But we can always be better. There is more work to be done. Let’s GO.
Prayers for Lily’s wife, who is undergoing a heart test on Thursday.
Big Ball convergence cancelled, sign up for Dog Pound CSAUP ASAP!