THE SCENE: 40 and maybe a little too nice to be called the gloom
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Side Straddle Hops (IC) X 10
- Cherry Pickers (IC) 4 CT X 10
- Overhead Claps X 10 (IC)
- Seal Claps X 10 (IC)
- Tempo Squats (IC) 4 CT
- Mountain Climbers (IC) X 10
- Temp Merkins X 10
- 30 seconds of whatever stretch you want
- Mosey to the back of campus
- Squats, Overhead Press, Tricep Extension, Curls & Bentover Rows X 15
- Run the stairs
- 5 pullups & 15 Big Boy Situps
- Run down the stairs
- Rinse & Repeat
- Wall Squats X 1 minute
- Mosey to the Courtyard
- 20 Dips, 20 Step Ups/Box Jumps, 20 American Hammers then Run the courtyard
- Rinse & Repeat
- Mosey to the flag
Part of Q
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
We’re 33 days into Lent. How’s it been going since Ash Wednesday? Less than 2 weeks to Easter Sunday!
The last month has been filled with lots of joy but lots of sickness, surgeries and heartaches. That’s life, right? We weren’t promised perfect lives on this Earth. I just have to laugh when my 2nd cancer diagnosis in 3 months and the surgery is effective but a stitch doesn’t desolve and I get an infection that further keeps me away from exercise and reaching some goals I’ve set for Lent.
Of course, lots of people give up things during Lent and while I did, I also added some things to my life to try to help me focus on important things in my life…my health, my family and my God.
It’s never too late to stop something that might take you away from Jesus or add things to your life that brings you closer to Him.
Things I am Giving up and a progress report
- Alcohol during the week – pretty successful (March Madness, birthday, etc. but MUCH better than before)
- Twitter – not on
- YouTube – not on
- Sudoku – not playing
Things I am Adding To My Life and progress report
- Praying on my knees – most days
- Daily exercise (walk or jog) – ugh…nope
- 100 merkins, 100 squats, 3 minutes of planks – ugh…nope…did great for nearly a week until my surgery
- Declutter house – yes…feel much better…given tons to KARM
- Intentional time with my daughter and wife – yes…Bible study together
I (and YOU) have nearly 2 weeks to focus on our relationships to God before Easter. Let’s all be persistant and show endurance throughout our lives to serve Him every day of our lives!
James 1:12 ESV – Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Romans 5:3-5 ESV – More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
Romans 12:12 ESV – Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
I’m healthy now so there’s no reason to not pick back up on the things I said I would add to my Lenten goals!
New F3 in Kingston – if you know anyone in that area, share about the workout on April 9th & 23rd