THE SCENE: Not as chilly as it could be.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Done and Done. Lots of chatter during this, mostly from the lawyer in the group.
SSH IC x34; LBAC IC x17 EWay; Tempo Squat x10; Tempo Merk x10; Butt Kicks; High Knees
- Captain Thor 1:2 ratio every other light for 10 sets
Mosey to Everest and go up it
Mosey with wet shoes to the Coliseum
- First → 10 Merkins
- Second → 10 Squats
- Third → 10 Should taps
- Home → 4 Burpees
- 1 group goes to 1st and back while the other does ab work; switch
- Repeat adding a base and an exercise returning back down the bases
- Q led one group through ab work
- Choir Boy (the inventor of Ghostman Baseball) led the other group
Long Mosey to Circus Maximus
- Blindside’s Fellowship Biscuit (PAX stays together, once 6 starts the ab work; Q starts the 10 count)
- Lap → 34 Merkins → Hello Dolly
- Lap → 34 Squats → Flutter Kicks
- Lap → 34 4 ct. SSH → Freddie Mercury
Return to AO
Stretching out the legs after (almost 3.4 miles) a lot of moseys
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
17 HIMs; 1 FNG; Welcome “Bag-Daddy,” a double respect HIM who also happens to be Blindside’s own dad!
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Luke 13:8-9 … Parable of a fig tree not bearing fruit. 3 years without fruit? The owner of the vineyard wanted to cut it down, it was wasting space. The steward pleads by saying he will dig around it, fertilize it, and tend to it more. If we want the fruit of God’s presence in our lives, then we must continually choose to make our hearts a fruitful garden in which the virtues of God grow and are nourished in abundance.
Today is my birthday. I signed up for this Q several months ago when I learned that Birthday-Qs were a thing. It took me a while to remember that by performing a Birthday-Q, I would be publicizing my birthday. For most of my adult life, I have hated celebrating my birthday. I had several poor birthday experiences in a row during college and felt like it was always a burden on others like I didn’t want to be let down. I have gone so far as to ask my M to cancel a surprise party she was planning for me a couple of years ago because I didn’t want to celebrate.
What I have learned recently is that by acting this way, by acting like I don’t want to be celebrated, I am actually taking away others’ ability to celebrate me. I love celebrating others and I am taking that joy away from the people that mean the most to me in my life. I thought I was being humble and not a bother to those around me, but in actuality, I was being selfish and hurtful to my family, my friends, and all those in my life that care about me.
Don’t be selfish, ya’ll. It’s a bad look.
- Coats for the Cold: Donate coats for KARM now through November 13th.
- Brovember Challenge: F3Knoxville’s November Challenge. Sign-up on Slack. Slack channel “brovember2021”