THE SCENE: Sorta cool, but your shirt is still getting drenched with sweat
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Very short: A few SSHs and some quick X-factors to prep for the IPC, and then a quick mosey to the parking lot on the other side of the Cloud.
4 rounds. Distance covered is always 60 yards.
- 8 burpees, run to other marker, 8 burpees, run back. Repeat 11x (for 88 total burpees);
- Grab your CMU for Squrls (Squats with a curl). Do 8, CMU carry to other marker, 8 more, etc. x 11 (88 total Squrls)
- CMU again. This time, it’s 88 overhead presses in a row, rifle carry to the marker, 88 overhead presses again, rifle carry back to the start. You are now done with the coupons!
- Last one: 88 X-factors in a row and either bear crawl or crawl bear to the other marker for 88 more x-factors, then bear crawl or crawl bear (whichever one you didn’t do to get you to the marker) back.
- Plank it up while waiting on the Six (just kidding – catch your breath)
Circle up for some mumblechatter and star gazers
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
From something I heard the other day that’s been pinging around in my head: “If you have a goal and just keep working toward that goal, the universe will train you.” I don’t know about that, but I do know that if you want to accomplish anything, the path forward is so much easier when we let God train us. We do that when our goal is to seek God’s guidance, listen for him, open our hearts and our minds to him. I find that much, much easier to say than do. Frankly, it takes a lot of strength to pursue that goal every day. Hence, our verse for the BOM: “But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work.” 2 Chronicles 15:7.
Continue praying for Matlock’s father in law and family and their very tough situation.
Also, shout out to Waffle House, who wins beast-of-the-day award. We were one short on CMUs, so the Q grabbed a coupon from the big rock pile. Not wanting to cheat, I picked a decent sized rock. It turned out that was the Rock of Pain, very much heavier than a CMU coupon. After seeing the Q struggle through round 2, he took on the rock and completed the most grueling part of the workout with it. That is a HIM in action!
Hardship Hill- Sign up! And we still need guys to help build the obstacles we are responsible for.