THE SCENE: Low 70s, but manageable humidity for a change
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Beefed up since “The Incident” involving Carney.
SSHs. That’s it. Quickly get on the mosey. Brief interlude as we commune with one of the local skunks, who quickly demonstrated a keen attraction to Lebowski. We’ve got things to do if we want to finish, so we move along.
We’re attempting the Fitz Traverse this morning. Named after the “Fitz Traverse,” which means climbing each peak of the ridge line along the Fitz Roy Massif in Patagonia.
- 1st peak: Guillaumet (Skunk Hill): Complete 50 Merkins or squats, climb hill as quickly as possible, 50 LBCs, descend;
- 2nd peak: Mermoz (Cardiac): 40 Merkins or squats, Bernie to the first turn, slow Mosey to the second turn, sprint to the top. Unless you’re Brick, then you just keep on running Forest Gump style. 25 Flutters (4 ct) at the top. Continue Traverse toward Everest.
- 3rd peak: Poincenot (Coolio Knob up to the top of the cave stairs). 50 CDDs or Lunges at the bottom. 25 4 ct American Hammers at the top. Mosey to the bottom of Everest.
- 4th peak: Fitz Roy (Everest). Bonnie Blairs at the bottom. Pickle Pounders at the top.
- 5th peak: Rafael Juarez (Grinch Hill). Noticing the time, we skip the exercises, gather the forces and move on to the next summit.
- 6th peak: St. Exupery (Pickets Charge). Run from the main road at the bottom to the Colosseum. Interrupt Edit and Roadshow trying to fellowship with some other guys. Traverse back toward the AO
- 7th peak: Aguja De I’s (Baby Everest). Sprint to the top and back down to the AO.
No time for Mary. Buckets has a long trip back to Harriman.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Here’s a quote to mull over: “Only the mediocre are always at their best.” Jean Giraudoux. What this means to me is that I should never be satisfied with where I am or my effort. Keep pushing, whether it is as a father, husband, friend, Christian. I can always do better.
Prayers for Buckets that his job interview went well yesterday.