THE SCENE: 65 or so and clear
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER Check
SSH, Michael Phelps, Hamstring Stretch, Quad Stretch, Butterfly Stretch (since he was in attendance)
PAX divided into two teams. There was Team 1 and I forgot the other team’s name. Two rucks were available, and each team was assigned a ruck to carry during the workout.
A bonus concept that emerged was “Don’t forget about the guy with the ruck.” While you are doing your thing, it is easy to forget that there are those who would appreciate your help. Bonus concept there.
Timed AMRAP exercises. Since this wasn’t a race, the focus was on form. Straight back for Merkins, Straight back for squats, touch knee to ground for lunges (or as deep as possible), 1 min each exercise
- Hand release Merkins
CMU bear crawl across lawn. Some PAX did it with the ruck. Not sure why.
PAX not crawling were performing SSH or gasping for air.
Less than Ultimate Frisbee
If the Frisbee hits ground – 1 burpee for everyone
If one team scores – 2 burpees for other team
When one team scores, an item is added to the team:
1st score – add ruck to carry (we set it down for a short while, it soon came back)
2nd score – add 1) 5 lb dumbbell to carry
3rd score – add 2) work gloves (from Harbor Freight)
4th score – carry CMU short distance across field 1x
5th score – add the Burpee Ball. This was a foam rubber offensive weapon which a PAX could use on the other team. Hit an opponent, they have to do a burpee. After this, the possession goes to the other team.
This proved to be a lot of of chaos and fun, and YHC would have continued the game longer if not for time. Teams were evenly matched and despite a direct hit to the face, the Burpee Ball was a crowd favorite.
Ran outta time
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 PAX including FNG Henna
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
YHC recently turned 40, I and took 40 days to concentrate on my habits. I added some things and took away some things.
- Sugary snacks, donuts, candy, ice cream, etc.
- YouTube for entertainment purposes (fixing lawn mower – ok)
- No phone in the bathroom (this is embarrassing)
- Coffee limited to one cup a week on Saturdays
- Exercise 45 mins, 3x a week
- Cook meal 1x a week for family (didn’t want this to be all about me)
I did well, and was glad that I did it. I’d like to take another 40 day period to build on this one.
- The desire to quit is strong, but the desire to cheat is even stronger
- Quitting usually comes after cheating
- I found myself not wanting to go back to the old habits, now that 40 days is up. That is, it would not feel like a relief to watch YouTube for hours, eating ice cream.
- Positive habit change is possible.
- Don’t try to “get it all back at once.” If there are areas that you know need change, take measured, reasonable steps, but it usually happens in smaller increments that we would like.
- Cooking took more time and effort than I anticipated. I appreciate my M even more now.
- If you try something like this, it can have positive influence on those around you. My M decided to focus on her eating habits and has lost 8 lbs in the past month. It was her idea to do this, and it has been beneficial to her.
Wedding Singer’s mom has surgery this week, reminder to sign up for Convergence next week