THE SCENE: Cold, Dark and, Dry. Just the way I like it.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- SSH IC x 25
- Imperial Walkers IC x 15
- Merkins (4ct) IC x 10
- Stay in PLANK!!
- Plank Jacks (4ct) IC x 10
- Stay in PLANK!!
- Cobra Stretch
- Downward Dog – Peddle it out
- Cherry Pickers (4ct) IC x 5
- Burpees OYO x 10
- Take a break halfway to Matterhorn for BBS OYO x 10
- Mosey to the Backbone
- Perform workout, 12 days of Christmas Style.
- Round 1 – Station 1
- Round 2 – Station 1 & 2
- Round 3 – Station 1, 2 & 3
- R&R until Time or all 12 stations are completed
- Stations are spread up and down Matterhorn at perfect spacing no matter what Blindside tells you. Evens go up and Odds go down.
- Even Stations are Merkins. Count is the number Station you are at. Station 8 = 8 Merkins
- Odd Stations are Squats. Same count as above.
- Yes, that’s a lot of Merkins, Squats and Hill Climbs. These guys are Studs though.
It’s bulking season, we don’t have time for Mary.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 Strong HIMs
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
From the Book Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Highly recommend you familiarize yourself with the ideas in this book.
What is the opposite of Fragile? Most people say Robust, Hard, Sturdy, Strong, etc. Paraphrasing, Nassim says, that if Fragile means that the rougher that item is handled, the faster it breaks. Then the opposite of Fragile should be “Anti-Fragile” where the harder something gets handled, hit, etc., the stronger it gets.
Imagine a package that says, “Fragile, Handle with Care” – We can understand this idea.
What about a package that says, “Sturdy, Can take some hits but may eventually break”?
An Anti-Fragile package would say, “Kick me, throw me as much as possible because the more challenges I face, the stronger I get”. This is the idea of being Anti-Fragile.
Have you ever met anyone that was wearing a “Fragile, handle with care” label? Which label are you wearing today? What if we took that label off and wore the Anti-Fragile label?
I know that all of you Men reading this inherently understand what it means to be Anti-Fragile. That’s why you keep coming out at 530a in below freezing temperatures. Day after day, week after week and year after year. It’s important that we continue to remind each other of Anti-fragility. That way, when we come across a challenge we’re ready for it. We need to eat stress and challenges like Energy Bars.
The easiest way to remember comes from Brian Johnson. Remember your OMMS. Like meditation chanting OMMS.
Or for us – MMMS
Pray for the Men of our PAX. We are called to be leaders in our families, work and communities. There will be a lot put on us at all times. Continue to pray for the ability to speak Truth when needed. Give grace in abundance and daily renewed strength to repeat this as many times as we are called.