THE SCENE: Cloudy & cool, low 50’s
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
SSH, Mike Tyson’s, Alt Rockette’s, Squat jumps w/ ground touch, Alt Superman’s w/ holds, IT band static stretch, Child pose into Cobra, Cherry Pickers, Baby Arm Circles/Adult Arm Circles, Rotator Cuffs, Neck Rolls
Continuous Irish squats in circle, while one PAX performs 5 four-count mountain climber burpees. Each PAX performs a set of MC burpees and passes the buck to the next PAX, in clockwise fashion.
Irish trivia (no fact checking) thrown out at random by the Q, as follows (correct answer = rest, incorrect answer = purgatory) :
- <10% people in Ireland have natural red hair Yay
- The Jacks is slang for the bathroom Yay
- The Irish are the 3rd biggest tea drinkers in the world Nay
- Ireland has only 2 known species of snakes Nay
- May is generally the driest month in Ireland Yay
- Fluthered is slang for being stumped Nay
- Ireland sells the most Guinness in the world Nay
- Halloween was invented in Ireland Yay
- Craic is an Irish dessert Nay
- The boot is slang for a trunk of a car Yay
- A village is named Hospital after its historic medical facility Nay
- A mineral is slang for a soda Yay
- The press is slang for an iron Nay
- Donkey’s years is a reference to time Yay
- A jumper is slang for an anxious person Nay
- Shuck is slang for corn Nay
- Originally, St. Patrick’s colors were light blue Yay
- A nagging & a shoulder are measurements Yay
- The Irish Flu is a bona fide medical disease Nay
- May your coffee be strong & Monday be short is an Irish proverb Yay
Grab partner and mosey to Station 1.
Station 1: Merkin Midsection Melee
P1 (Player 1) starts with 15 diamond merkins, then bear crawls up the wheel chair ramp, and finishes w/ 15 diamond merkins. When complete, swap with P2.
P2 (Player 2) performs continuous 4-leaf clover crunches until P1 relieves them of duty.
This back and forth circuit (same reps) continues through the following list until both P1 & P2 complete all exercises, as follows:
- Fist merkins & crab crawl
- Narrow merkins & bear “
- Regular merkins & crab “
- Wide merkins & bear “
- Alternating flutter kicks & scissors
- American Hammers
- Heels to Heaven (Gas Pumps)
- Elevated Planks
Walking lunges performed until all tandems finish. Mosey to Station 2.
Station 2: Over the Hill and Far Away
P1 – 15 SSH, mosey down hill, 5 sec fast feet into “hit the deck” (chest to ground) x 5, sprint up hill
P2 – 20 yd sprints w/ alternating return of side shuffle, backpedal, & karaoke until P1 relieves them of duty
Ran out of time at this point…however Station 4 was performed by several PAX in our OT session.
Station 3: CMU Lucky 7’s
1 CMU per Pax. Form 2 lines with P1 & P2 facing each other.
P1 performs 7 regular curls, while P2 performs isometric hold mid-curl. Then, P2 performs 7 regular curls while P1 performs isometric hold mid-curl. This duel continues as reps decline 6,5,4…etc.
Circuit repeats with following exercises:
- 7’s CMU overhead press & isometric rifle carry hold
- 7’s CMU close grip bicep curls & isometric mid-curl hold
- 7’s CMU front raises & isometric front hold (feel the burn)
Finisher (aka The Mint) —–> P1 7 reps of blockee’s, while P2 7 reps of CMU bench presses into feet raised iso ab hold with CMU outstretched iso hold until P1 relieves them of duty
Return CMU’s and mosey to Station 4.
Station 4: Leaping Leprechauns
P1 – broad jumps to the Pot O’ Gold (approx 20 yds) then Spiderman crawls back, performing 5 dive bomber merkins every 5 yds (total of 20 db merkins). Swap with P2.
P2 – Brick pillar wall squat w/ good form until P1 relieves them of duty.
Complete (endure) 3 sets. Mosey back to flag.
Ran out of time after Station 2. No complaints, however.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
14 PAX’s (many nicely repping F3 Shamrock tees)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
When times get tough, Romans 8:18 ESV comes to mind. “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”
- This life is a temporary existence, with greater things to come above 😃
- Lean on our brothers in Christ through trials and tribulations
- The Lord does not want us to do this all alone
- Don’t let pride be a stumbling block
- Reach out (phone calls, video chats, lunch, bible studies, weekend projects/workouts etc.)
There are so many in this pandemic who are in need of the love the Lord speaks of in his greatest command! We can provide this, if we search for opportunities to be a blessing to others!
Prayers for Curry’s family, Pringle’s father, Dr. A & family (Commission), & Boulder Colorado victims/families.
Thank you all! Or in Irish, go raibh maith agat!