THE SCENE: 60s, cool, sunrise on the way.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER:
Welcome to F3: Fitness-Fellowship-Faith! My name is Steam and I’ll be your Q this morning. I am not a professional and you are here on your own volition, with means you chose to be here this morning, just like the man on your left and right – so let’s make it count! If you need to modify any of the exercises we do this morning feel free to do so – but push yourselves and those around you. Lets keep the mumble-chatter and the morale at a high today!
[ Q introduces FNG Eric ]
Side-Straddle Hop (SSH): 11×4 in cadence
Windmill: 11×4 in cadence
Hillbilly: 11×4 in cadence
Baby-Arm Circles: Forwards 11×4 in cadence & Backwards 11×4 in cadence
3 burpees on your own
PAX formed up 2 lines in front of the AO – mosey’d to Asylum playground
- 1 For 1 (and so on)
- Get in battle buddy teams
- 1 box jump on the bench
- run down to end of playground parking lot
- do 1 merkin
- Rinse & Repeat – adding 1 rep each time
- 2 box jumps & 2 merkins, etc
About halfway through, Q calls for recover at the playground
Does a morale check with PAX – asks some of PAX for a morale status report: All’s well.
PAX forms 2 lines and mosey’s back to car parking lot/AO area
Q leads PAX in F3 cadence call – Q calls something out – PAX repeats
- “Good For You!”
- “Good For Me”
- “1, 2, 3!”
- “I love F3!”
- “4, 5, 6!”
- “Pickin Up Sticks!”
- “7 and 8”
- “F3 is great!”
- “9 and 10!”
- “Let’s Do It All Again!”
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- PAX get’s in new battle buddy teams
- Bottom of hill by AO: 5 battle buddy sit-ups(BBSs) each
- BBSs = one battle buddy hold the other’s feet, while they execute sit-ups with fingers interlocked behind their head
- Top of hill by AO: 5 side straddle hops (SSHs)
- Rinse & Repeat- adding 5 reps each time until each battle buddy does 25 BBSs at the bottom and 25 SSHs at the top
- Recover at the AO
- Q leads PAX in 15×4 cherry-pickers in cadence
- Asks for a 10-count from PAX
- Q describes what a “No B.S. Assessment” is (See Moleskin at the bottom of this back-blast) and asks various PAX to give one
- Pusher & Fabio & Umbro give solid No B.S. Assessments
- Q leads PAX towards the pavilion with picnic tables towards the back of the AO
- The Final Countdown (7 minutes left)
- PAX gets in new battle buddy teams
- 1 battle buddy does 5 incline merkins + 1 Man-Maker (8-count merkin) under the pavilion while the other battle buddy runs to a dugout and executes 1 good pull-up/chin-up.
- Rinse & Repeat – adding only an extra Man-Maker each time
- Q calls for a 15 count and leads PAX back into the AO
- PAX Circle Up inside AO
- 15 Side-straddle hops (SSHs)
- And boom goes the dynamite – that’s it!
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
22 PAX (1 FNG – Eric Alley/Globetrotter)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Talked about an F3 Knoxville HIM, Brandon Rabun/Cupcake, being deployed to Afghanistan this morning, and the Latin phrase “Nil desperandum” = do not despair. If I’m being honest with myself, I don’t always live out of a nil desperandum attitude. And I’m not even being shipped overseas or risking my life day to day.
A verse that came to mind that Cupcake and I have talked about before is Isaiah 6:8 = “And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”” Now, not all of us are called to serve in the military, or overseas like Cupcake, but where is the Lord asking you to serve dutifully this week in your own life? I wished I lived more like Isaiah 6:8, being all in. As we try to live life as High Impact Men and humble servants of the most high king, I invite and encourage and challenge firstly myself, I need to hear this more than anyone (funny how that works when you’re delivering a BOM sometimes huh?), and all of us to be all in for the God we serve and live out of a place of “Here I am Lord! Send me where you will have me this week. Send me to those hard conversations, send me to be a better husband, brother, father, boyfriend, send me to be your messenger, help remind of the cross so that I may never forget who it is that sends me into the day.” Men, I pray that each one of us puts the full armor of God on this day and this week as we prepare to be sent where he will have us. I pray for eyes to see His beauty, ears to hear His truth, lips to speak His love, and hands and feet to go and serve Him.
Keep the Faith & Fight the Good Fight!
No B.S. Assessment = Asking someone to give a real, non-sugar coated check-in/assessment about how they really are doing where they are physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally, etc. There is a certain intentionality behind a No B.S. Assessment – to not just go through the motions of checking in with other High Impact Men/people in our spheres of influence, but to really ask for a check-in/assessment without the B.S.
Example: “Hey, how are you? –> “I’m good I guess.”
Example of a No B.S. Assessment: “Hey Mac, I notice you haven’t been around in a while man, give me a no B.S. Assessment.” –> “Wow, thanks for asking. I guess I’ve got a lot going on with the family, kids, you know how it is.”
Sometime’s it’s hard to ask for a No B.S. Assessment and maybe even harder to be asked for one. The purpose of No B.S. Assessment is to go beyond the question or even the formality of the question of “How are you” for example – but to intentionally ask and care for the deeper part of the individual and their heart.
Several open Q’s for this week on the website – let’s encourage each other to step up and lead!