THE SCENE: 39 and clear. Perfect weather for a VQ
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Completed
- SSH x20 (IC)
- Cherry Pickers x5 (IC)
- Dive Bombers x5 (IC)
- Squats x15 (IC)
- 30 seconds on your own
Mosey to the quad.
Ghostman Baseball shamelessly stolen from Blindside and Choir Boy…sounded like fun and thought we should give it a try! Split into two teams. First team runs to first, completes the exercise, returns home while the other team does the Home exercise. Switch when running team returns. Second round: Run to 1st, do the exercise, run to second, do the exercise, return home. Continue the pattern until you reach home. You do not need to run back from home.
- First Base
- 15 Merkins
- Big Boys at Home
- Second Base
- 30 Smurf Jacks
- American Hammers at Home
- Third Base
- 5 Burpees
- Flutter Kicks at Home
- Home Plate
- 30 Squats
Mosey towards the duck pond and stop for 50 Boosters (Toe Merkins) on the curb
- Welsh Dragons up the hill near the duck pond parking lot (bear crawl forward x4, 1 merkin, tap each shoulder, plank jack – repeat and increment merkin, shoulder tap, plank jack each time until you get to 10 or your arms fall off!)
Mosey to parking lot west of the flag.
- Seven of Diamonds (7, 14, 21, 28 of each exercise) at the four light poles
- Split back into same two teams from baseball.
- One team will do exercises clockwise and other will be counter-clockwise. First team to complete all exercises wins.
- Round 1 – Squats
- Round 2 – LBCs
- Round 3 – SSHs
PAX took turns calling out exercises until time
- Spotter – imperial walkers
- Doubtfire – gas pumpers
- Erector – heels to heaven
- Kickflip – squeaky dollies
- Room Service – pickle pointers
- Data – supermans
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
12 HIMs and 1 2.0
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
From “Habits of the Household” by Justin Earley
Habits are kinds of liturgies. They are little routines of worship, and worship changes what we love. Habits of the household are not just actions that form our families’ routines, they are liturgies that form our families’ hearts. This is why we should choose then so carefully.
Think of it like this: when it comes to spiritual formation, our households are not simply products of what we teach and say. They are much more products of what we practice and do. And usually there is a significant gap between the two.
My challenge to you this morning is to think through some existing habits in your household that you could change or new ones you could implement.
For me, one habit I’ve started to do at night is give my son a bedtime blessing. Another one we’ve changed is that we put away all screens in our house on Sundays.
Check out the new F3 Knoxville Podcast that Blindside is putting out.