THE SCENE: Pleasant but cool, upper 40s, partly cloudy, persistent chilly breeze
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Check, with an extra emphasis on COVID
-20 SSH, (4-ct), in cadence
– 10 Rockettes (4-ct), in cadence
– 10 Windmills (4-ct), in cadence
– 5 baby/5 big arm circles forward, and backward (4-ct), in cadence
MOSEY to Bathrooms, DO PICKETTS CHARGE.
- Do 25 MERKINS, 25 BBS, and 25 BURPEES on the way up, whenever you want and in whatever order you want.
MOSEY to stop sign on northwest side of Admin circle road. Get a Battle Buddy.
- Partner 1 will run up to big tree and back. Once he reaches the tree, Partner 2 will run up to join him, give him a COVID high 5 (no touching), and Partner 1 will return to the bottom. Rinse and repeat three times. The method of running will vary:
- Lap 1: run
- Lap 2: Bernie
- Lap 3: Karaoke left/right (switch halfway)
- When not running, do the following exercises for all three laps:
- TOP: 20 APOLO OHNOS, 20 TEMPO SQUATS, R&R until partner arrives
- BOTTOM: 20 CDDS, 20 MTN CLIMBERS R&R until partner arrives
MOSEY To little hill north of northern parking lots:
- 7s with BOTTLE OPENERS (2-CT) and FROGGY JUMPS
MOSEY to CMU Parking Lot, grab a CMU, line up young to old (old closest to Pavilion)
- Slow LUNGE to far end.
- Run to Pavilion, do 10 bench pullups, 10 decline merkins, 10 Bench Dips
- Run back to CMU
- Rinse and Repeat so CMUs are back at start point. When done, put up the CMUs and go to the middle of parking lot and do Imperial Squat Walkers until 6 catches up.
MOSEY to AO Four corners Abs. Sprint the long sides, Bear Crawl the short side. At the four corners do 10 V-UPS, adding 10 more reps at each corner. (we only got to two corners before time was up.)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
New Year’s resolutions… I’m not big on them myself; they are usually unrealistic and just set me up for feelings of failure or disappointment when I slack off of them after a few weeks. But I do try to “recalibrate” at the start of a new year, and just focus on improving a few things that need tweaking in my life. For me, one of those things involves improving my relationship with God. As many of you have probably been doing, I’ve been watching streaming services on Sunday morning. While I love the convenience of doing that, I’ve also found—stop me if this sounds familiar—that it’s easy to be distracted, to not be all “there”, to not be intentionally present. In F3 workout terms, I wasn’t using GOOD FORM during my time in worship. I was modifying. During one recent service, I realized after the service had ended that I couldn’t remember anything in it. I had been checking my phone for some “important” emails that I was waiting for, making (and then eating) breakfast, and even playing with my cats while the service played on my computer screen. I realized right then that that just wasn’t good enough. That’s just not respectful. Can you imagine having a deep conversation with your friend, spouse, child, or colleague and having them act like that? I sat back down, turned off my phone and the tv, and watched the service again. By limiting distractions, putting my mind in a place where I’m more “present” and committed to spending that time with God, and focusing more on the messages of the church I can improve my relationship with God.
If you’re looking for a worthwhile goal for the new year, then I encourage you to do the same. To tie in with a message that Pusher gave during his BOM recently, sometimes it’s a little difficult to figure out how best to communicate with God and to show him your love, voice your worries and concerns, and thank him for his Blessings. I loved Pusher’s suggestion to talk to God like you would talk to someone sitting next to you in a car. Just have a conversation with him. And Pusher’s concern that he voiced to his pastor that he didn’t know how best to pray reminded me of these lyrics from a great Singer/Songwriter:
I went to see a preacher, to teach me how to pray. He looked at me and smiled, then that preacher turned away. He said if you want to tell Him something, you ain’t gotta fold your hands. Say it with your heart, your soul, and believe it, and I’d say Amen.
- Jon Bon Jovi, “Bang a Drum”
So if you find yourself struggling with how best to pray, K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Say it with your heart, your soul, and believe it. God will hear you.
In closing, in honor of Martin Luther King Day, I would like to close with these words from the great man himself:
“Returning Hate for Hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” (hat tip to Title 9)
Praying for some brothers who were assigned to protect national and state capitols; congrats to J-Lo for completing the Highway Patrol program. Prayers for Lilydipper’s barber who passed away from COVID and his family.
CSAUP at the Asylum Jan 30, 6:30 am, show up at 6:15 to register. Ends at 9 am sharp. Sign up with a battle buddy or solo. Breakfast included.