THE SCENE: Cool and breezy, around 40 degrees moderate cloud coverage
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Check, if you could hear it over the mumblechatter, which picked up significantly when Brick and Steam decided to go bare chested. Glass cutters club!
-10 SSH (20x, (4-ct), in cadence) RUN 2 CIRCLE LAPS (TO THE LEFT) R&R 10 SSH RUN 2 CIRCLE LAPS TO THE RIGHT
– 10 STEVE EARLES (4-ct), in cadence
– 10 Rockettes, (4-ct), in cadence
-LBCS Forward/backward (4-ct), in cadence
– 10 Cherry Pickers (4-ct), in cadence
- Mosey to Serpentine Sidewalk north of the AO.
- “2-4-6-8 WHO DO WE APPRECIATE” Run down sidewalk, suicide style, stopping at EVEN # lights to do the following exercises:
- 2 lights: 4 MERKINS/ 4 lights: 8 merkins/ 6 lights 12 merkins/ 8 lights, 16 merkins. ON LAST REP SWEEP FOWARD
- Rinse and repeat with SQUATS
- Rinse and repeat with BBS (2-ct)
- Mosey east on path to intersection, stop to do 20 Imperial Walkers
- Mosey to base of Cardiac
- 5s from base to first curve, starting with 1 OFFSET RIGHT MERKIN, run up and do 4 OFFSET LEFT MERKINS 1 JUMP SQUAT
- Fellowship Mosey to second curve
- 5s from Second curve to Benches, Starting with 1 FROGGY JUMP, run up and do 4 SMURF JACKS.
- Mosey to AO
I wanted to give Mary her due, since we’ve been ignoring this fair lady for awhile, so we had a good 5-6 minutes of Mary…
- MURDER PLANKS
- Plank position, knee to opposite elbow x 10
- Reverse, x10
- Hold Elbow Plank x10 seconds
- R&R until time called
- Captain Thors
- 1 BBS/1 4-ct American Hammer
Stretching with Pele
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
14 Hims and 1 2.0, Cheetah Boy
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
THE TIGHTROPE WALKER
There’s a story I read recently about a tight rope walker in Europe who was very talented, could do all sorts of tricks. One of these tricks was to walk on tightrope while pushing a wheel barrow. A Big Time Promoter over here in the States heard about him, and invited him over to North America to walk over Niagara falls for a lot of money. A LOT of money. But the Promoter wanted to make sure the guy really was all that and a bag of chips, so he asked him to come over for a demonstration. The tightrope walker was a bit insulted that his talent was being questioned, but he flew over, they went to Niagara Falls, he walked back and forth over the falls, without the wheelbarrow, and then he did it with the wheelbarrow.
When he was finished, he returned to the Promoter and said, “There! Now do you believe I can do it”?
The Promoter said, “Yes, I’m sorry I doubted you, I believe you can do it.”
“No No” said the tightrope walker, “I want to REALLY make sure you believe in my abilities! After all, I don’t want you to have any doubts”.
“Of Course I believe you! I just saw you do it! Yes, yes, I believe you!”
The Tightrope walker said with an evil grin… “If you really believe I can do it… Then get in the wheelbarrow.”
Living in Faith requires us to get in that wheelbarrow and have trust and faith. Must give control up to God. It can be a little bit scary. When I was about 10 I went on the American Eagle roller coaster at Great America in Gurnee, Illinois for the first time. Wooden roller coaster that held several records when it was built in the 80s, including longest drop and fastest speed. Here are some stats on that sucker:
- built with approximately 1,360,000 feet (410,000 m) of lumber,
- 129,720 bolts,
- 30,600 pounds (13,900 kg) of nails (How many of those have come loose over the years?)
- 55 degree max invert angle (Think of that!)
Rickety, wheels squealing on the rails, lots of motion. I was petrified. But you have to believe that the safety measures are in place and that you’ll be ok. But you don’t really KNOW it until you take that ride. There are ups and downs, twists and turns on your faith journey. But in the end, you’ll be exhilarated, like that 10 year kid on a rollercoaster.
Get your dogtag order in! Looking for new F3 Knoxville F1 and F3 leaders. Hot Toddy Q this Saturday!