THE SCENE: Mid 40s and clear. Perfect Sweatin’ Weather
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
SSH (4ct) IC x 12; Tie Fighters (BAC in lunge position), both directions x12
Mosey to Gresham Elementary for a little 12 days of Christmas. We do ascending exercises, with runs in alternating directions between the verses. Christmas lights were up (though the little lights weren’t twinkling)
- 1st day of Christmas: Burpee
- 2nd day of Christmas: Shoulder Taps (4ct)
- 3rd day of Christmas: Box Cutters (4ct)
- 4th day of Christmas: Jump Squats
- 5th day of Christmas: Tempo Merkins
- 6th day of Christmas: Hello Dollys (4ct)
- 7th day of Christmas: Smurf Jacks (4ct)
- 8th day of Christmas: Carolina Dry Docks
- 9th day of Christmas: Flutters (4ct)
- 10th day of Christmas: Squats (4ct)
- 11th day of Christmas: Overhand claps (4ct)
- 12th day of Christmas: 8 count Bodybuilders a/k/a Man Makers
No Mary. That is one long Christmas Carol. So we slowsied back to the AO and circled up.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
We are in the 2nd week of Advent. It is the week of Faith. The first week was the week of Hope. The perfect bible verse encompassing each of these concepts is Hebrews 10:23: “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”
I also re-watched the movie “Wall Street” and enjoyed this quote from Hal Holbrook: Man looks into the abyss. There’s nothing staring back at him. At that moment, Man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.” How does Man find his character? Through Hope and Faith.
Prayers for Dr. Feelgood’s mother in law and family as they determine the path forward after another diagnosis of a recurrent cancer. Also, prayers to uplift our kids and school staff (teachers, aides, etc) as the ongoing COVID crisis has pushed everybody to the limit.
I didn’t announce it, but please sign up in the coming weeks for the Asylum CSUAP on Jan. 30.