THE SCENE: Partly cloudy, very pretty clouds, low 70s, quite breezy. Good kite-flying weather.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
– 10 Cherry Pickers (4-ct), in cadence, maintain position…
– Hamstring stretches, sky reaches
– 20 Grady Corns (4-ct), in cadence
– Little of this and that
MOSEY to stop sign at northeast corner of circle drive.
- ARM STATION: MUCHO CHESTO
- 10x Merkin
- 10x Wide Merkin
- 10x Stagger Left Merkin
- 10x Stagger Right Merkin
- RINSE AND REPEAT
MOSEY to Center of Coliseum.
- LEG STATION: AIKEN LEGS
- 20 squats
- 20 Box Jumps (on wall)
- 20 Lunges (10 each leg… but we did 20 each leg for extra credit)
- 20 Split Jacks (10 each leg forward… but we did 20 each leg forward for extra credit)
- RINSE AND REPEAT
MOSEY to lower parking lot under Coliseum
- 5/10/15s. Get a Battle Buddy. Partner 1 runs up to stop sign and does 5x reps of two exercises, then comes down and switches with Partner 2, who is running in place or doing SSH. R&R with 10x, then 15x exercises. The exercises are:
- Round 1: Mountain Climbers and Peter Parkers (both 2-ct)
- Round 2: Smurf Jacks and Froggy Jumps
Mosey to stop sign at southern corner of circle drive. 20 American hammers (4-ct, IC), 10 BBS.
Bernie Sanders to no parking sign. 20 American hammers (4-ct, IC), 10 BBS.
MOSEY TO AO.
CMU Catch Me If You Can!
- Partner 1 Lunges away, Partner 2 does 20x of an exercise, then runs with CMU (overhead carry) to catch Partner 1. Keep going, changing the exercises. Partners must agree on exercise.
- OPTIONS: Overhead Press, Curls, CMU Press, Situps, Rows, Triceps, Squats
LBCs until 6 caught up.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
19 strong! Plus one doggy.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Those of us in the Christian faith have just emerged from a special part of year, the Easter season. Part of what makes Easter so extraordinary is that it is about moving on, emerging from the darkness, and having faith that God will make all things new again. As the seasons change, winter turns to spring, and the Easter season arrives, we move ahead slowly, deliberately, with great love, and great hope. But the true meaning of Easter is not without some darker elements as well. Before we reach the time of great renewal and hope there can be much fear, hesitation, and confusion, similar to what Mary Magdalene felt initially when she saw the empty tomb.
(Mary) Flannery O’Connor is a well-known southern author who wrote strange and often violent short stories. She was diagnosed with Lupus at a relatively young age. Her stories were often influenced by her struggles with her disease, and were often sardonic and dark, but she was a devout Christian that also incorporated messages of faith in her writings. Her faith-based outlook on life are on full display in a book called THE HABIT OF BEING, which is a collection of letters she wrote in the latter half of her life. And she writes that being a person of faith is not all sunshine and rainbows….
She writes, “All Human Nature rigorously resists grace. Grace changes us, and change is painful. We don’t run towards Grace, sometimes we are dragged fighting it all the way.” Faith calls us out of complacency, and into places of uncertainty. It’s risky. Uncomfortable. It’s transformative. She writes, “What people don’t realize is how much religion costs…” “It seems to be a fact that you have to suffer as much from the Church as for it, but if you believe in the divinity of Christ, you have to cherish the world at the same time that you struggle to endure it.” Fear. Uncertainty. Transformation. And only then, Exultation! That’s Easter in a nutshell.
Flannery O’Connor died of her illness at age 39. Despite the struggles and challenges, she wrote of her life, “I can, with one eye squinted, take it all as a blessing.” As we move through the darkness of the past year, hopefully we can acknowledge our blessings and faith in the journey, and, with one eye squinted, find some grace, some miracles in the year behind us, and recognize and act on the ways we were all called to be changed.
Prayers for the return home of Corona Weight’s brother, prayers for Ribbed, Jinxy, La-Z-Boy and Lillydipper, as they recover from injury and illness, prayers for Steam’s friend Shawn.
April service challenge! Details TBA.