THE SCENE: A surprisingly cool morning with some surprisingly cool dudes 😎
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- SSH (25) in confusing cadence
- Imperial Walkers (20ish) start in confusing cadence, then transition to OYO, end abruptly after losing count completely.
- Freedom Twists (20) in cadence with help from the PAX
- Merkins (15) in cadence – finally!
- Mosey to side field for 50 yard Murder Hornet (standard is 30 yrds, but that’s how we do).
- Rock-a-bye Baby Relay with High-Five Flag Run
- Divide into two teams. Each team starts with one team member per exercise station. Each station is 10 yards apart. Number of stations depends on number in PAX. 1st station is Rock-a-bye Baby, 2nd is curls, 3rd is skull crushers, 4th is BBS, and 5th is squats. All stations involve a baby (CMU) and each person must hold their baby (CMU) the entire time without dropping. If you set the baby down you must do 73 Murder Merkins – (23 murder bunny + 50 merkins). Last workout station is the exception. You must give your baby to the HIM behind you doing squats with baby (CMU). He will squat with 2 CMUs while you run to top of hill and grab your team’s flag🇺🇸. Then you must run with the flag and get a high-five from an NFP (non-F3 person) as fast as you can. PAX continues to do the exercise at their station until you complete your mission and plant the flag back at the top of the hill. Then grab your baby (CMU) and go back to 1st station. Everyone rotates to next station by lunging with baby (CMU) overhead. Compete against other team until circuit is complete or until you get pepper-sprayed by an NFP.
Please no more counting.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I recently sharpened my lawnmower blades. I didn’t realize how dull they had become until I had sharpened them. As men we were made to be sharp and to offer our strength to others.💪 But sometimes we don’t realize how dull we have become until we see what sharp looks like. Being around sharp men can help you see the areas where you have become complacent, dull, ineffective or broken. Being around Jesus was like that for the disciples. They were constantly challenged in the way they thought, acted, spoke and lived. They called him the light of the world. Because he exposed the darkness each of them and in world. He exposed the darkness in the Pharisees, but they rejected the light because they were focused on what they stood to lose (pride, position, power), the disciples accepted the light because they realized what they had to gain (love, acceptance, forgiveness, eternal life). The act of sharpening my mower blades required energy and friction. It required energy transfer from one blade to the other. It also required friction…a necessary rubbing away of rough spots and impurities. Neither of these things can happen without closeness. The two blades have to be so close that they touch…they connect …and not just lightly touch …you have to lean in to the friction. We are conditioned to avoid friction and the past two years we have become more disconnected than ever. I challenge you men to lean in. Lean in to what makes you sharper. F3 is a great place to start. But don’t stop here. Lean in. Lean in to those men that make you sharper. But don’t stop there. Lean in. Go to church and take your family to hear the word of God preached. But don’t stop there. Lean in.
Hebrews 4:12 says “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
If you want to be sharp in mind, body and spirit, lean in to the Word of God, for that is where you will find God himself. His word has its own energy…it is alive and active and no one can sharpen you better than God Himself. LEAN IN!
Overall a great turnout and effort by the PAX in spite of the shortcomings of the Q. We made some friends (high-fives) and we made some enemies (trying to follow the Q’s cadence).
This weeks news and announcements:
Convergence is this Saturday, make sure you sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MvKVUXClWHsLknEsCKYuuvkQHliEpycTdB3nMqTGFU8/edit
2nd F Fellowship at @Moses (Cody Self)’s house: https://f3blountcounty.slack.com/archives/C019JSAG3SB/p1655309928974779
Make sure to get your shirt order done. Once the preorder closes on the 29th they will not be available anymore: https://f3.mudgear.com/collections/active-preorders/products/f3-knoxville-speedway-pre-order-june-2022
@Cow Patty (Rob Wu) VQs Thursday. Let’s get out and support him! Q calendar for July will be posted soon so start planning your first or next Q.